Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am Android - for we are many...

A picture of health? In this case green is healthy and iPhone is in excellent health compared to Android which is red and burning hot with a fever.
I think this pretty much sums up my statement in the last post that Android is not a platform but really a minefield of similar but significantly different devices derived from a common base.
This is based on research published in a blog post by Michael Degusta.


This picture is like a burning fire which should have the effect of warning developers to stay away!
And the best supported phone on this chart is the HTC Nexus One. But it's the end of the line for the Nexus - "it's just 'too old' for the new software". (Link to news article.)

(Thanks to Wazoo for pointing this out to me - and for quoting my blog!)

No comments: